Climaseal® 3 should be used for general external use in mild and moderate industrial, and mild marine applications.
Technical Data and Documents
Buildex® Roofing & Cladding Screws
Buildex® Metal Teks Hexagonal Head screws are designed for fixing 2.5mm to 6mm roofing & cladding profiles to steel purlins. The Self-Drilling Screws come with a hardened drill point that will drill and thread in structural steel and mild steel. These Teks points are designed in a manner much the same as high speed steel drill bits.
Climaseal® 3 is a unique anti-corrosive coating system consisting of 3 distinct layers which combine to give exceptional corrosion protection:
1. A mechanically deposited zinc tin alloy coating giving excellent galvanic protection.
2. A passivation coating to passivate the zinc tin alloy, further inhibiting coating loss.
3. An aluminum filled polyester coating with good all-round corrosion a d long-term weathering resistance.
Benefits of Climaseal® 3
• Minimal risk of coating damage during installation thanks to the new and tougher coating formula.
• Better driving performance because of a smoother, harder finish.
• Superior performance in extreme temperatures, developed and tested in Australia for harsh environmental conditions.
• Effective sealing of roofing sheets and cladding. The black seal remains elastic in extreme temperatures and will not breakdown or allow water entry.
To choose the correct fastener, it is necessary to select one where the length of the drill point is equal to or greater than the total thickness of the material to be drilled including the air-gap. If the drill point is less than the total thickness of the material and the thread engages, then the fastener can break or became impossible to drive.